March 17, 2020
Dear Valued Patient,
We would like to provide an important update on Baxter’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the emergence of the novel coronavirus, we have been taking proactive measures to protect our patients, clinicians, drivers, suppliers and our employees.
We have already taken the following necessary and precautionary measures to ensure you and your driver stay safe while maintaining the sustainability of our delivery network:
- Drivers have been using additional protective gear including masks and gloves while increasing the use of hand sanitizer between deliveries.
- All drivers have been instructed to refrain from shaking hands, and to maintain social distancing.
- Baxter Home Patient Representatives are checking-in every morning with each clinic to gather information on any patients who are either self-isolating or are in quarantine to coordinate any special delivery requirements.
Given the risk of transmission by asymptomatic individuals, we find ourselves in the difficult situation of instituting greater precautionary measures to maintain the health of our patients, transportation and warehousing personnel. Effective immediately we will make the following changes:
- Baxter has instructed the drivers to deliver our supplies directly inside the front entrance of your dwelling. You may also inform Baxter if you do not want a driver entering your home.
- Drivers have been instructed to halt all activities associated with stock rotation within your home.
- In the event Baxter is informed that a home patient is in quarantine or is in self-isolation, Baxter will work with the clinic to perform a risk assessment to identify the most appropriate process for delivery. This may include full personal protection equipment and additional stock. We will work with the clinics where possible on an exception basis.
We have reinforced our infection control procedures with employees and have provided in-depth information about the coronavirus. We have reminded employees of symptoms of the virus, and what actions to take should they feel sick while at work.
We have not taken these decisions lightly as we understand the inconvenience this may cause you.
However, these changes are put in place to ensure your safety and that of Baxter personnel and to sustain Baxter’s ability to serve our Home Patients and Hospital Customers during these challenging times.
Please note that Baxter will post this and any further updates on www.kidneycampus.ca for your convenience.
VP Renal Care, Baxter Canada
- Information regarding COVID-19 4 days ago