March 25, 2020
As we continue to work together through the challenges brought about by COVID-19, we wanted to share some additional measures that Baxter is taking to protect patients and our drivers, while ensuring the sustainability of our home patient delivery network.
- Delivery to the Door: As a reminder, Baxter has instructed drivers to deliver our supplies directly inside the front entrance of your dwelling and to halt all activities associated with stock rotation within your home. We know how important it is to keep you safe at home, particularly during this
- me. To do this, we must ensure the sustainability of our home patient delivery network which includes protecting the health of our drivers.
- Scheduled Delivery Date: Under the current circumstances, it is imperative that we keep the home delivery schedule per calendar. This is to ensure that all patients have their products in time and we limit any changes to the routes. We request that if you have developed symptoms or are affected to call and let the your HPR know ahead of your scheduled delivery so that alternate arrangements can be made in a timely manner.
- COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire: Given the highly infectious nature of COVID-19, drivers will call to ask if you are in isolation and/or quarantine or have any symptoms related to COVID-19. If you are impacted, Baxter will wherever possible, work with you determine an alternate delivery arrangement and inform the clinic.
- Driver Health and Patient Safety: We understand you may also be nervous about the health of your driver. All drivers and Baxter contractors have been asked not to come to work should they exhibit any symptoms, and/or to self-quarantine if they have been or are suspected to have in contact with someone who is in the process of testing or is positive for COVID-19. Drivers have been instructed to inform you that they have no symptoms associated with COVID-19 prior to making the delivery.
- Equipment Deliveries & Pick-Ups: A similar COVID-19 screening call will be conducted prior to equipment pick-ups, drop-offs and SWAPs. All equipment will continue to be delivered and picked up as normal, except for any patients who are impacted, in which case special arrangements will be made. At this time, equipment will not be picked up from any affected patients. All solution pickups will be halted until further notice.
- Global PD Travel Club: Given the current circumstances, Baxter will be suspending the Global Travel Club and will not be taking any new travel requests for patients travelling outside the country. Baxter will continue to support patients travelling within Canada and those who are currently abroad, this includes patients who may be unable to return to Canada. For patients travelling domestically, or who are requesting an alternate delivery address, the Home Patient Representative (HPR) will now advise the clinic and request written approval.
We continue to monitor our inventory and currently there is no impact to product availability pending normal ordering patterns.
Thank you for your understanding and patience in these challenging times.
VP Renal Care, Baxter Canada
- Information regarding COVID-19 5 months ago