see his story
Your dialysis nurse will teach you how to order supplies. Your Baxter Home Patient Representative will work closely with you to ensure your supply needs are taken care of.
Each month, you or your family member will place an order for prescribed dialysis supplies and they will be delivered to you according to a predetermined schedule. You will need some storage space for the supplies. If you would like more information about ordering supplies from Baxter, please click here to download the booklet.
Please store your dialysis supplies as follows:
- In the same box that they arrived in
- At room temperature
- Avoid extreme hot or cold (do not store beside your furnace)
- Out of direct sunlight
- In a clean and sanitary area
- Avoid insect or bug infestation
- Avoid spilling liquid on the cases or getting them wet
- Avoid animal contact
Disposal of dialysis supplies
Most waste materials from your home can be safely disposed of in ordinary household trash.
- Check the waste disposal bylaws and/or special restrictions in your municipality regarding the disposal of dialysis waste such as plastic bags and tubing
- Gloves, gauze, masks, and bandages can go in the trash in closed, dark-coloured garbage bags
- Needles and syringes should be placed in a puncture-resistant container. Your nurse will instruct you how to dispose of the full container.
- All cardboard is 100% recyclable
If you have questions regarding your waste materials, contact your dialysis nurse.
Travelling and dialysis
- Talk to your Renal Team before making any travel plans
- Arrangements for shipments of your dialysis supplies can be made according to your travel plans
- Ask for your copy of the Baxter Travel Club booklet
- Visit our Travel Club section