see his story
Your nurse(s) will show you how to order supplies. Your Baxter Home Patient Representative will work closely with you to ensure that your supply needs are met.
Every month, you or a family member will order the prescribed supplies which will be delivered to you according to a pre-determined schedule. You will need storage space for your supplies. If you would like more information about ordering supplies from Baxter, please click here to download the booklet.
Please store your dialysis supplies as follows:
- At room temperature
- Avoid extreme heat or cold (i.e. do not store beside your furnace)
- In a room that is easily accessible by a delivery driver
- Out of direct sunlight
- In a clean and sanitary area
- Avoid insect or bug infestation
- Avoid spilling liquid on the cases or getting them wet
- Avoid animal contact
Disposal of dialysis supplies
- Most waste materials from your home can be safely disposed of in ordinary household trash.
- Check the waste disposal bylaws and/or special restrictions in your municipality regarding the disposal of dialysis waste such as plastic bags and tubing
- Needles and syringes should be placed in a puncture-resistant container. Your nurse will instruct you on how to dispose of the full container.
- Gloves, gauze, masks, and bandages can go in the trash in closed, dark-coloured garbage bags
- All cardboard is 100% recyclable.
- If you have questions regarding your waste materials, contact your dialysis nurse.